The Green Convene Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal Transportation Authorization - Grassroots Strategy Meeting

2 posters

Go down

Federal Transportation Authorization - Grassroots Strategy Meeting Empty Re: Federal Transportation Authorization - Grassroots Strategy Meeting

Post  Dave Morse Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:59 am

Hi,
Maybe you want to subscribe to Federal Funding Fever email list to stay in-loop.

Right now Health Care is sucking up all the oxygen in Washington. But something must happen by October, because that's when the current authorisation expires. We'll likely see an extension of the old system for 3-18 months. Maria and Terrell have been working on this. Maria met with Yarmuth on it. We'll be getting more fired up when transpo comes to the head of the legislative agenda.

Dave Morse

Back to top Go down

Federal Transportation Authorization - Grassroots Strategy Meeting Empty Hey... looking for an update on this idea... Anybody??

Post  kristin_brycc Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:15 pm

I just ran across this post and wondered what news or progress was made on this goal? Clearly there has been massive roadway development funds released from federal sources since August... great timing to start expanding I64 and I65 huh?? Anyway... I will go ahead and check in with David Morse personally and ask him to post or report back.

Would it be better if this ended up inside the transport fig thread?? (click here for the Transportation Fig Link and http://here for the www.cartky.org page link that defines what they approached our congress members to lobby for)

Maybe it would be good to notify folks interested in the transportation fig that there is some dialog(ue) going on at the advocacy level... I personally am more interested in the education and interactive processes of community discussion and public expression.

kristin_brycc

Back to top Go down

Federal Transportation Authorization - Grassroots Strategy Meeting Empty Federal Transportation Authorization - Grassroots Strategy Meeting

Post  Dave Morse Wed May 06, 2009 12:45 am

Hi,
First time reader/poster here.

A couple of local organizations are considering banding together to send a stronger signal to our locally elected congresspeople in Washington D.C. on the upcoming Transportation Authorization bill. The bill will define the new laws of funding transportation projects, and in the past its been both a boon and a curse to the environment. For example, it defines the funding levels that say that highways get 80% federal matching funds for 20% state/local commitment, while greener public transportation gets typically only 50%/50% match on capital projects, and worse than that for operations. But there is every reason to believe that this time, we can hit this one out of the park.

We're thinking of a grassroots advocacy campaign. We're having a preliminary meeting to discuss the issue further on 5/12, at 9am, at TARC Union Station. If you have ideas on the platform we should adopt, please come. If you don't have ideas on how this ties in to environmental issues, please come and we can make a good impromptu case.

We're hoping for 1-3 folks from GC ... much more than that would be overkill at this point.

-Dave Morse
CART

Dave Morse

Back to top Go down

Federal Transportation Authorization - Grassroots Strategy Meeting Empty Re: Federal Transportation Authorization - Grassroots Strategy Meeting

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum