The Green Convene Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for a fun event/Good PR

4 posters

Go down

Idea for a fun event/Good PR Empty I love this!!

Post  Holly Hamilton Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 am

I would be willing to eat, drink and be merry for the environment!!!!!!!

Holly Hamilton

Back to top Go down

Idea for a fun event/Good PR Empty Re: Idea for a fun event/Good PR

Post  Emily Sartini Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:48 pm

thanks Mickie -- def bring that up again to the PR person in the Communications Committee, when we get one...

Emily Sartini

Back to top Go down

Post  anna.earthlawyer Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:09 pm

That sounds like a really cool idea!

anna.earthlawyer

Back to top Go down

Idea for a fun event/Good PR Empty Idea for a fun event/Good PR

Post  mickie Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:27 pm

I don't know if anyone has heard of Strawberries and Cream... no not the fruit and dairy product, but an enviromental group from the Netherlands. They have this great idea of contacting local bars (I'm sure restaraunts would work also) and asking them how much percentage of one nights income they would spend to remodel thier business to be more eco-friendly. In return the Starwberries and Cream would get more people to come that night and the company would get more business. The organization took the bar who promised to spend the highest percentage of income and ran an event. The next day the org had their eco-remodelers show up to make the changes to the agreed amount of percentage of income. Also Strawberries & Cream would post on their website the photos from the event and images of the businesses eco-friendly remodel. Here is a video link explaining what they did with images and sound (and probably a lot better)

http://strawberryearth.com/strawberries-cream/

I think a similar event could get the Green Convene great PR and after the event the business is more eco friendly. It's a win win. A fun night with friends, knowing your money will be well spent. And the business gets new customers/income and helps protect the enviroment a little. Smile

mickie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down