The Green Convene Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curbside Recycling...

2 posters

Go down

Curbside Recycling... Empty Curbside Recycling...

Post  mickie Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Here is a link to the Louisville Goverment's page on curbside recycling.

http://www.louisvilleky.gov/SolidWaste/recycling/Curbside+Recycling.htm

At the Whole Foods Green Fair, a couple people mentioned that they would like more information spread on this topic. They felt that the "extra cost" of recycling prevented some from getting on board. I used to not recycle (I know, heaven forbid). I have seen the drastic transformation in the amount of trash I throw away. I now throw away about a third of the garbage I used to. My apartment does not collect recyclables, but taking it to a drop off center is not such an inconvenience. I feel recycling is very important. I do not know all the ins and outs of recycling. Would anyone be interested in helping me put together a brochure on recycling that we could hand out at events? I can design the piece. Would this be something the GC would want to support?

Mickie

mickie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Curbside Recycling... Empty Re: Curbside Recycling...

Post  Brian S Sat May 02, 2009 2:20 pm

The recycling centers around town used to hand out brochures about what could and could not be recycled (and where to take different types of recyclables). It was pretty much a rehash of what's on the city's web site. Would those work for what you are thinking of or were you thinking more of a general mindset-type think piece?

Brian S

Back to top Go down